Min blog som jeg vil bruge når jeg er ude og rejse. Jeg skal en tur til Singapore og rejse 5 måneder i østen, derefter skal jeg en måned til New Zealand og stå på snowboard og så en uge til Tokyo og lege turist! Afrejsedato er den 14. februar 2006, hjemkost er måske d. 21 august 2006.

onsdag, maj 03, 2006

From Thailand to Chaosbodia! -part 2

I'm doing great... Though I'm still working on the culture shock I got from crossing the Thailand-Cambodia border. This country is SICK I tell you SIIICK. This is the most corrupt place I've ever been. Kids selling drugs, police selling their badges as souvenir, military letting tourists shoot with their weapons and lots of mass graves. I've been here for 4-5 days and I'm already fed up with: "sir... whats your name... where u goin... want tuktuk???" and "sir... give me money please!"
Well well... I enjoyed the Ankor Wat and all the other temples near Siem Reap (= Siam defeated).
The day before yesterday I sat down in a local restaurant here in Phnom Penh and ordered a beer and some food... The waitress didn't understand 1 word... soo... I just pointed at the "Ankor" sign, and she nodded... Then she came with a giant jug of beer... and not a glass as I had thought... hehe.. guess there were 4-5 normal beers in that jug :D They were all laughing at me when I got the jug of beer, and 2 guys sitting next to me was talking about me I'm sure... I started writing some postcards and drank the beer. Well well... Then a guy came up to me and said "roastbeef" YES PLEASE! hehe... so I got some roastbeef with some vegetables and leaves and some lime and pepper/salt-mix. Good good... I was done eating and halfways through the jug when a driver from Siem Reap sat down next to me and ordered some food and beer. He wanted to cheer with me all the time and wanted me to eat some of his food. I was already full and a bit tipsy but I didn't want to be inpolite and he insisted on me tasting his food. He was talking to the two other guys and they were cheering with me also... Shiit... now the weird part comes... then he made some sign language and said "you... me... sleep... my room..." ... and... typically me I thought I just missunderstood him... so... I just ignored it... Then I was done with my beer and the beer he had given me and I wanted to leave... He wanted to pay my bill... Shiiit! NO WAY... I threw a 5 dollar bill to his side of the table. Then another guy from the other table came over... took the 5 dollar bill and gave it in my hand... "you... him... sleep"... fuuuck... heheh... well then I explained him that I was going to my own guesthouse to sleep right now... and thanked him for the dinner and left... VERY weird night... but afterwards pretty fun :)
I'll get the visa for Vietnam today and tomorrow I'm going to Ho Chi Minh City... Dunno about the next plans... I'll take 1 day at the time.

Here are some pictures!

The border to Cambodia, very crowded... I was there before 8 in the morning but still alot of people!












The road situation in Cambodia is not the best... 5 hours shaking and bumping and very baaad sleep.










The german couple I shared a Camry with to Siem Reap and shared a tuktuk with to Ankor Wat and the other temples...
Chris and Katje











Me and the Wat :)











I have soo many pictures of the temples... but I will keep them on my camera... because this is taking a shitload of internet time.


The little rats are constantly begging for money... hehe... nah...just kidding they're sweet and clever.
















This is too much... now I've used 5 hours on writing blogger and uploading images... I'm gonna take a break.. so you will have to wait for the pictures of massgraves and drunk cambodian men coming on to me :D Bye!

1 Comments:

Blogger bee said...

o-ho! R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Soren now you know you can be a hottie in Cambodia ..ha-ha! damn, I'm glad you survived from that "you-me-sleep-my-room" ! lol that's most hilarious (even a bit scary) story I've ever heard from Cambodia!

Now be prepared for Vietnam. Enjoy the traffic there :-) And then Laos will comfort you ;-)

Happy Travel!

12:26

 

Send en kommentar

<< Home